[ðə ˈpaʊˌhaʊs] [pah-hoss]
1. Inspired by The Bauhaus movement, The Pauhaus doesn't restrict itself to a single medium.
2. An aesthetic that is clean and modern; playful and inspired.
3. Finding beauty everywhere and (making room for beauty) every day.
4. The belief that thoughtful, elegant design is for everybody
Hello! My is Stephanie.
I am a Jane of all trades: an artist, photographer, graphic designer, illustrator, an avid DIY craftster lady and really anything else that tickles my fancy. I think it all comes down to the fact that I love to play and explore as much as possible and find the potential in everything.
I earned my BFA from Emily Carr University of Art + Design in the Spring of 2007, just before getting hitched in August to my quick-witted creative partner, Kevin. We celebrated a 50's inspired wedding at the Contemporary Art Gallery in downtown Vancouver followed by a New Year's honeymoon in Cuba. Nine months later, we began growing our family which now includes: Moses, Chloe, and Malcolm.
Turning in my desk job for motherhood, I was granted the opportunity to explore many creative avenues including a deeper love for photography. My skills and knowledge have progressed and I have made so many great connections and friends along the way. In the last few years, I have expanded my services to include Kids Art Classes which I am absolutely loving. Upon graduation, I felt lost with a degree in General Fine Arts, and wondered if perhaps it would have been more beneficial to specialize. A decade later, I have come to realize that I truly do thrive on variety and more importantly, I now embrace and feel so grateful for my multi-disciplinary practice.
10 FACTS + FAVES
1. A Cancerian Left-Handed Middle Child
2. A Night Owl. The Creative Juices typically start running after 9pm - 10pm
3. Fantasy Celebrity Parents: Gwen Stefani + Wes Anderson
4. Candle: Fresh Morning by HARLOW
5. London Fogs / Whiskey / Tequila
6. Old School Rap / 60's Oldies
7. Peonies. Gradations of pink
8. Lipstick: Wild Child by Ilia
9. Le Labo Thé Noir 29
10. 70% Dark Chocolate